High Strength Concrete
The GOSI Olaya Tower Project with a total built-up area of approximately 250,000 m2 is a Class “A” state-of-the-art offices and commercial located on the junction of Olaya and Tahlia streets at the center of Riyadh. It consists of office premises, a lobby area connecting the two towers on the entrance level including two retail blocks above the ground level.
The project has a (4) story underground car parking for 2400 cars with a total depth of 16m below ground level. Tower “A” consists of thirty-six (36) floors, and Tower “B” consists of thirty-four (34) floors, Facades of both towers are fully glazed and have office use levels, ground floor, mezzanine floor, technical floor, lift floor, roof, and upper roof structures.
The target was to produce concrete for columns and walls for the buildings with the following characteristics:
- Design strength = 70 MPa @ 90 Days
- Concrete with a flow of 550±50mm for high-rise pumping should have
- The meager water-cement ratio needed to achieve the targeted strength and flowability
- Increased water demand due to the use of Micro Silica
- Due to the severity of the site location flowability retention for 90 min
- Using Micro Silica to improve the ultimate strength and permeability by reducing bleeding and segregation and by increasing cohesiveness of the mix.
- Using Ultrahigh range water reducers to achieve the required characteristics.